Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2015, was celebrated in a big way in Cooper with all-day benefit events including an ice fishing derby on Cathance Lake, a poker drive with designated spots around Cooper and Cathance Township, children’s crafts and games at the Cooper Community Center, and a “souper” supper which featured an abundance of food generously donated by many local residents.
- Nonlocal nurses blast CDC for bowing to hospital pressure
- J-BHS gym opens its doors to all; school board relaxes attendance policy
- Machias selectboard talks vaccine mandate, plumbing inspector
- John Glowa challenging Mills in 2022 governor’s race
- History Downeast: the Whitneyville and Machiasport Railroad