Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2015, was celebrated in a big way in Cooper with all-day benefit events including an ice fishing derby on Cathance Lake, a poker drive with designated spots around Cooper and Cathance Township, children’s crafts and games at the Cooper Community Center, and a “souper” supper which featured an abundance of food generously donated by many local residents.
- Lubec man makes initial appearance on murder charge
- Machias native Christi Holmes revels in her passion for the outdoor life
- Downeast Cornhole League brings hot game to Washington County
- Machias Chief Mercier pleased with PD progress
- Jonesport fish farm holds (another) public meeting; Moosebeckers split on support for Kingfish