Following the public meeting June 19 (see related story on p. 1), Jonesport selectmen huddled with District 138 Rep. Robert Alley (D-Beals) to explore avenues to slow the closure of Sunrise Care Facility and perhaps hand it over to the town. Alley reported over the weekend having contacted lawyers at a large Portland firm who in turn have engaged Atty. Justin Bennett [of the Ellsworth/Blue Hill firm of Hale & Hamlin] to file an injunction in Machias court this week seeking at least a 30-day stop of SCF’s closure.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Machias Class of 2020 to be honored in unprecedented graduation ceremony
- Plans for entrepreneurship center gather momentum in Machias
- Close call spurs Lubec man to give others trifold advice
- Historical society seeks to save the stories of Roque Bluffs
- After the fire, the story of Liberty ship SS Jeremiah O’Brien
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue