Editor’s note: With the support and encouragement of Charlie Robbins, Rep. Will Tuell has submitted legislation to honor the long walk of Hannah and Rebecca Weston by naming a stretch of Route 1 in their honor. For those of us unfamiliar with their story, Valdine Atwood brings us this account of the girls’ heroic journey, edited by Atwood and taken from the 1903 edition of “THE REVOLUTION - Life of Hannah Weston” by George W. Drisko, as related to him by grandchildren of Mrs. Weston.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- In wake of COVID spike, area schools prepared to go hybrid or remote
- Wreath makers take steps to ensure migrant workers are COVID-free
- Hike in property taxes fans escalating pandemic burden
- Blueberry commission nixes joining federal import probe
- School plans, Whalen’s vacancy top Machias board agenda
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue