On Friday, June 28, the Porter Poets bid hail and farewell to the group's founding member, Gerald W. George, who is relocating to Maine's midcoast with his wife, Carol Maryan George. For the past four years, Jerry has led monthly meetings of the Porter Poets at Porter Memorial Library, sharing his own poems and unique understanding of the written word while guiding and encouraging the muse in others.
- King Wins Conditional Permit for Townhouse Apartments in Fiery Planning Board Meeting
- State Police Push Back at Commissioner Chair Gardner
- Machias Food Pantry Opens on Kennebec Road
- Augusta Coming to Eastport for Historic Commissioning Ceremeony On Sept. 30
- ‘A Dream Come True!’: Lubec 7th Grader Gets Sworn In As Junior Game Warden For a Day