On Friday, June 28, the Porter Poets bid hail and farewell to the group's founding member, Gerald W. George, who is relocating to Maine's midcoast with his wife, Carol Maryan George. For the past four years, Jerry has led monthly meetings of the Porter Poets at Porter Memorial Library, sharing his own poems and unique understanding of the written word while guiding and encouraging the muse in others.
- Washington County Cold Weather Shelters for February 2-4, 2023
- County eyeing new sheriff’s office
- Moosabec ambulance pleads for 3x increase; Jonesport officials support it
- Machias selectboard declines counteroffer on Dublin Street lot; releases brewery UCC
- In Augusta, mixed messages surround Machias dike project