Most folks in this area are at least somewhat familiar with the Battle of the Margaretta fought in 1775, the first Naval battle of the American Revolution. They are less familiar, however, with the larger, and perhaps more important event which took place two years later, the Siege of Machias, also known as the Battle of the Rim.
- Eastport Health Care expanding in Machias; accepting new patients now
- Machias FD scores heavy rescue truck
- Everyone can go back to school with Wash. Co. Adult and Community Ed
- Kingfish and its opponents continue at odds; Jonesport Planning Board queries Maine DEP
- Spectrum pitches cable deal to Jonesport