Machias Memorial High School Physical Sciences teacher, Jim Lenke, reached out to the hospital to ask if Down East Community Hospital needed face shields. “Yes!” was the answer. Mr. Lenke used the school’s 3D printers to make visors that were designed with notches spaced across the front of the visor. These notches were designed to be matched with and fit into the holes made by a 3-hole punch. The reason that is important is it made it easy to produce the plastic shields that would be attached to the visors.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Machias Class of 2020 to be honored in unprecedented graduation ceremony
- Plans for entrepreneurship center gather momentum in Machias
- Close call spurs Lubec man to give others trifold advice
- Historical society seeks to save the stories of Roque Bluffs
- After the fire, the story of Liberty ship SS Jeremiah O’Brien
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue