When the Chevy Breaks (How Small Towns Fix Big Problems) tells a collection of stories, ranging from Machias taking on the world’s most powerful navy (on a Sunday after church), to an amputee father waiting for his son to return from Afghanistan so they can hike up Mt. Katahdin together. All these stories of overcoming obstacles, big and small, are set against the spectacle of Downeast Coastal Maine, including Eastport, Jonesport, Machias and way out west Kingfield — a parade of persistent people you’ll only meet here.
- Eastport Health Care expanding in Machias; accepting new patients now
- Machias FD scores heavy rescue truck
- Everyone can go back to school with Wash. Co. Adult and Community Ed
- Kingfish and its opponents continue at odds; Jonesport Planning Board queries Maine DEP
- Spectrum pitches cable deal to Jonesport