Monday, Oct. 23 was the fourth day of work for area volunteer firefighters and Maine Forest Service battling a fire in the woods of Marshfield. The men and women firefighters have gone back day after day, exhausted but still lugging thousands of pounds of hoses and gear through the forest and up hilly terrain. The sheer physicality of the work is amazing. We thank them for their service, and have that full story on page 1. The National Weather Service is predicting a heavy, soaking rain for us this week, and we are in sore need of it.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canceled due to COVID-19: Machias Wild Blueberry Festival 2021
- Recently reunited, Jonesport’s ‘Palmer Twins’ prepare to celebrate 90 years
- Maritime Family Fiber in Cutler carries on family wool tradition
- Opioid crisis numbers climb as ‘preventable disease’ gains force
- At town meeting, Beals voters raise $109k for steel floats
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue