Quoddy Voices, a community chorus formed in 2014, will present concerts on Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m., at the Eastport Arts Center. The group’s program is titled “A Light in the Darkness” and it will feature the first performance of director John Newell’s recent work “Children of the Light.” The work is a nine movement cantata for chorus, soprano and baritone soloists, and piano for four hands, which “celebrates the light universal and the unity and dignity of all beings,” according to Newell.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Famed racer returns to island home
- Hike in overdose deaths spurs support for Rep. Anne Perry’s bill
- Marshfield WWII vet Harlan Gardner keeps kindness front and center
- Health officials investigating unknown brain disease appearing in New Brunswickers
- Machias board, budget committee clash over sending police budget to voters
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue