Owen Beal, 77, of Milbridge, started lobster fishing with his father, baiting bait bags and measuring lobsters when he was just a teenager. The air outside had a chill to it as I got to Beal’s house for an interview. I walked in as dogs barked. One of his daughters, Mary, was cooking a steak. I could hear the steak splattering while it was cooking in the pan. I felt like I was in some steakhouse.The smell was breathtaking. I turned my attention to Beal whose face was raw and worked. He was happy. I could see the years on the water hadn’t caught up to him quite yet.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Machias Class of 2020 to be honored in unprecedented graduation ceremony
- Plans for entrepreneurship center gather momentum in Machias
- Close call spurs Lubec man to give others trifold advice
- Historical society seeks to save the stories of Roque Bluffs
- After the fire, the story of Liberty ship SS Jeremiah O’Brien
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue