As a long-time supporter of the First Amendment and the value of free and open inquiry, leftist cancel culture efforts to silence, deplatform, censor and otherwise stifle speakers and viewpoints they disagree with has angered and repelled me. As a young professor, I naively believed the academy shared those sentiments, but I have been disabused of that notion over the last twenty years.
- King Wins Conditional Permit for Townhouse Apartments in Fiery Planning Board Meeting
- State Police Push Back at Commissioner Chair Gardner
- Machias Food Pantry Opens on Kennebec Road
- Augusta Coming to Eastport for Historic Commissioning Ceremeony On Sept. 30
- ‘A Dream Come True!’: Lubec 7th Grader Gets Sworn In As Junior Game Warden For a Day