As a long-time supporter of the First Amendment and the value of free and open inquiry, leftist cancel culture efforts to silence, deplatform, censor and otherwise stifle speakers and viewpoints they disagree with has angered and repelled me. As a young professor, I naively believed the academy shared those sentiments, but I have been disabused of that notion over the last twenty years.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 email@example.com
- Famed racer returns to island home
- Hike in overdose deaths spurs support for Rep. Anne Perry’s bill
- Marshfield WWII vet Harlan Gardner keeps kindness front and center
- Health officials investigating unknown brain disease appearing in New Brunswickers
- Machias board, budget committee clash over sending police budget to voters
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue