On Thursday, Oct. 26 a 10-member panel of legislative leaders allowed a bill to keep Downeast Correctional Facility (DCF) in Bucks Harbor open an extra 18 months to move forward in January. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Will Tuell (R-East Machias), would provide additional funding to the beleaguered prison while policymakers develop a long term solution.
- Lubec man makes initial appearance on murder charge
- Machias native Christi Holmes revels in her passion for the outdoor life
- Downeast Cornhole League brings hot game to Washington County
- Machias Chief Mercier pleased with PD progress
- Jonesport fish farm holds (another) public meeting; Moosebeckers split on support for Kingfish