Michael Tougias is a New York Times bestselling author and co-author of 30 books for adults and 7 for children and young adults. On Wednesday, Sept. 21, Tougias will be in Machias as a guest of Porter Memorial Library, to give a talk and slide presentation on King Philip’s War, the war between the Colonists and Native Americans in 1675-76. The event is the second in the library’s Authors at The Last Page series, which is supported by a grant from Maine Public Library Fund. The Tougias presentation will take place at 7 p.m. at the UMM Performing Arts Center. Admission is free.
- Eastport Health Care expanding in Machias; accepting new patients now
- Machias FD scores heavy rescue truck
- Everyone can go back to school with Wash. Co. Adult and Community Ed
- Kingfish and its opponents continue at odds; Jonesport Planning Board queries Maine DEP
- Spectrum pitches cable deal to Jonesport