Wildlife artist Fred Hartman is the featured artist at Jonesport’s Peabody Memorial Library in a show that opened Oct. 14. A retired wildlife biologist whose career took him from Pennsylvania to Maine, he has been involved in wildlife management along the eastern seaboard and with Ducks Unlimited since 1974. He and his photographer wife Patty own and operate DownEast Drawings in Whiting. The show is up through January 3.
- Nonlocal nurses blast CDC for bowing to hospital pressure
- J-BHS gym opens its doors to all; school board relaxes attendance policy
- Machias selectboard talks vaccine mandate, plumbing inspector
- John Glowa challenging Mills in 2022 governor’s race
- History Downeast: the Whitneyville and Machiasport Railroad