Eastport Arts Center is thrilled to host The Resonant Rogues in concert, Saturday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. The group’s dark Appalachian folk paints a picture of their lives in the mountains of Western North Carolina and on the road. Anchored by the songwriting pair of Sparrow (banjo, accordion) and Keith Smith (guitar), the duo has traveled the byways and highways of America and crossed the oceans with instruments in tow. From riding freight trains to building their own homestead, the pair are no strangers to blazing unconventional trails.
- Eastport Health Care expanding in Machias; accepting new patients now
- Machias FD scores heavy rescue truck
- Everyone can go back to school with Wash. Co. Adult and Community Ed
- Kingfish and its opponents continue at odds; Jonesport Planning Board queries Maine DEP
- Spectrum pitches cable deal to Jonesport